- “How long do appointments take?” Standard Drug & Alcohol tests take about 15 minutes to half an hour, but up to 3 hours if there is a shy bladder”
- “As a donor, what should I expect?” Drug & Alcohol Testing: 1 piece of government photo issued I.D and to provide a Saliva/Urine sample, whichever has been requested by the Employer.
- “What photo I.D is acceptable?” Appropriate photo ID includes a drivers license, employer issued photo ID, firearms license, government (prov/fed) issued photo ID, status card or passport.
- “When/how do I get my results?” When the results are provided depends on the type of test performed. Express tests can expect up to 1 hour for results wheras Lab Based testing results can be accessed anytime between 2-5 business days.
- “What happens when there is a Non-Negative test result?” Once we read a Non-Negative result we ask the employer if they would like to send the Non-Negative sample to the lab for further testing.
Learn more about Canadian Regulations for Testing
We closely and carefully follow the standards specified by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) for drug & alcohol testing standards and procedures, always.